The Reading Corner and Literary Tips

Friday, October 11, 2013

October Is National Bullying Prevention Month


October Is National Bullying Prevention Month: Help Put a Stop to Bullying


 
A Hole In My Heart                   

Caught in the Net
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
True story: My sister told me she was bullied daily at school. She was called ugly and believed it. I was shocked. Why didn’t you tell us? You have 7 brothers and sisters; we would have put a stop to it fast. But she felt hopeless.

A young girl I know was being bullied daily. She never told a soul. When she became older she did the same thing to others. She said,                                   
 “I suffered from depression and low-self-esteem because of bullying.”                   
 
I heard a 3 year old bully a 9 year old. The 9 year old just cried.
 
I personally witness this conversation with a group of kids no older than 8.
 
Kid 1: You are fat and ugly. He said this to the 6 year-old.

Kid 2: No I’m not.

Kid 1: Yes you are, and you’re ugly too.

Kid 3: You are fat and eat too much.

I confronted them all. I told the 6 year old she was beautiful. Get this! She was very skinny and small. My nephew and I wrote these books to help young people. Stop Bullying Now!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




________________
Add this to your site